Sunday, June 22, 2008
Try not to be a man of success, but rather to be a man of value.
- Albert Einstein
I have been absent for the last six weeks. Sailing. And loving every minute of it. And then my friend Paul Kearley, the handsome fellow to your right, www.mustthinking.com sent me his latest blog. Paul has been doing his blog for over 352 issues. Amazing. But then Paul is amazing. He takes this opportunity to introduce an obscure man named Wallace D. Wittles, and his friend Rebecca Fine, who resurrected my Wittles' book from 1911 and promotes its wisdom. I know you will enjoy Paul's blog, and if you have a brain in your head, you will visit Ms. Fine's site www.xtrememind.com/science.pdf and download your FREE copy of Mr. Wittles' book "The Science of Getting Rich"! It is 49 pages of pure brilliance, and the principles he speaks about can be applied to anything you want in life, including Creating an Extraordinary Organization. Thank you Paul and Rebecca.
Tom Voccola on Sea Fever
Key Ingredients in the Science of Success
by Paul Kearney
In 1910, in the age of Napoleon Hill, Dale Carnegie, William Howard Taft, the suffrage movement and the unsettlement leading to World War 1, an obscure man named Wallace D. Whittles wrote a small text designed to help the common man understand the process of getting rich.
Whittles had discovered that creating wealth was in fact a science. Not one with test tubes, Bunsen burners or mathematical formulae as long as your arm, but a “provable” science all the same. He described his process this way: “It is a natural law that like causes always produce like effects. Therefore, any man or woman who learns to do things in this certain way will infallibly get rich."
I came across this little book about a year ago, from a newsletter that I receive and have been so captivated by its teachings; I thought I’d list some of the most important principles for you here today.
Caution: The following text requires that you have an open mind, and are interested in improving your position in life, both in attitude, energy and abundance.
Mr. Wattles tells us that to practice The Science of Getting Rich successfully we need to ...
· Understand that there is no limit to abundance.
· Accept that we are worthy and that our true desires are, too.
· Abandon competitive thought.
· Don't worry that someone else could beat you to all the good stuff.
· Avoid unethical practices in business and elsewhere.
· Look for ways to add value in all you do.
· Spend as much time as possible contemplating your desires: See what you want as if it is already a done deal -- imagine it clearly, "bringing out all its delightful details."
· And take that even further: "See yourself owning and using them. Make use of them in your imagination ... In the mental realm; enter at once into full enjoyment of the things you want."
· Notice when your thoughts turn to worry, doubt, and fear so that you can choose other thoughts that feel good and lead you back to positive energy.
· Marinate yourself in gratitude!
· Be careful what thoughts you choose to dwell on: "Things are not brought into being by thinking about their opposites."
· Avoid dwelling on or talking about your own troubles at all. The same is true for "horrible conditions" in certain places or for groups of people. Never speak in a discouraged or discouraging way.
· "Give no anxious thought to possible disasters, obstacles, panics, or unfavourable combinations of circumstances."
· Don't rush, overwork, or waste time trying to figure out some "strange, unusual, or remarkable action to perform as a first step toward getting rich." Just do what you normally do but with a new attitude, point of view, mindset.
· Not sure what action to take? Then you're not ready to act yet. Go to gratitude, contemplate the vision of what you want, don't rush and get yourself all anxious and uptight.
· Use your will power only to keep your mind off what you don't want and focused on what you DO want to attract and create in your life.
If you’d like a free copy of the book, you can go to http://www.xtrememind.com/science.pdf and download the PDF file there.
This week, why not add a little science to your life; make your whole life an experiment about how to reach higher levels both in your attitude and your gratitude, and who knows, before long, you may easily reap some benefits that can make you wealthy and content with life.